Last Updated: Jan 22nd, 2020
Information Collected By The oolo Site
When you use the Site, create an account to use the Site (or someone, such as your organization’s administrator, creates an account on your behalf), use our Platform or otherwise communicate with us (e.g. via email), Personal Information will be collected by the Site or Platform. The Personal Information collected is as follows:
- Business address
- Business telephone number
- Email address
- IP-address and other online identifiers
- Location Data
- Unique identifier(s) we assign to users as part of monitoring user experience.
- Information you provide to the Site’s Interactive Areas. Note that any information that you post in an Interactive Area might be read, collected, and used by others who access it. You may take down any information you have added to the Interactive Areas at any time.
- To request removal of your personal information from an Interactive Area, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Information regarding the device you are using, comprising the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, network information, IP address, and/or Platform information when interacting with the Site or Platform.
- Information about all of your interactions with the Site or Platform (“Usage Data”) and how the Site or Platform is performing (“Analytics Data”).
- Usage Data includes information regarding any interaction you have with the Site or Platform, such as which functionalities are used and the frequency of use (e.g., pages visited, actions taken, user accounts, account roles).
- Information gathered through cookies, pixel tags, logs, or other similar technologies
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
This section describes the ways we use and store Personal Information.
Information Stored in oolo
The information about oolo users includes end-user login/registration information for oolo users as well as metadata about their usage. Metadata is used to facilitate product improvements, customer support and license auditing. Login information is controlled by customers directly as it is entered on their oolo instance and they can delete their users’ (i.e. their employees’) information at any time. We retain basic user contact information to send product updates, relevant marketing, training and events based on the users’ communication preferences.
How Information May Be Used By The oolo Site and Platform
oolo may use the Personal Information collected by the Site or Platform as follows:
- To respond to your requests for information about our products, services, training and events.
- To provide product enablement and licensing, customer service and support.
- To administer your account if you have registered on the Site or Platform, including billing and payment.
- To enable your access and use of the Site or Platform, and to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share information with those you designate.
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To inform you about our products and services.
- To apply information security policies and controls on the Site, including overall Site integrity, identity management and account authentication.
- For legal compliance, such as to enforce our legal rights, to comply in good faith with applicable laws, and to protect users of the Site or Platform.
- For other general business management and operations purposes, such as to provide, operate, maintain, make modifications to protect and improve the Site or Platform.
- To send marketing, advertising, training or event materials to which you’ve agreed, requested or subscribed.
- For research and development to improve the oolo product, Platform and services.
- For other purposes about which we notify you and, where relevant or required, give you choice about the new purpose.
- To administer your Platform user account.
- To enable your access and use of the Platform, and to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share information with those you designate.
- To enable your access and use of Platform Integration and Application services.
- To monitor your user experience on the Platform.
- To enable oolo to proactively help customers maintain the performance and functionality of deployments of the Platform.
- To enable oolo to verify your license to use the Platform.
Choice, Control and Access
This section describes the ways you can exercise your rights to access and control your Personal Information.
Accessing, Correcting And Deleting Your Personal Information
Ensuring that Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and complete is important to us. If you would like to request access to, correct or delete the Personal Information, please send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify these requests and respond to you in accordance with our legal obligations, which typically means forwarding your request to the licensed administrator (customer) of your oolo account for review.
oolo protects the Personal Information it collects via the Site or Platform with reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural measures. Any sections of the Site or Platform that collect sensitive Personal Information use industry-standard secure socket layer (TLS/SSL) encryption. To take advantage of TLS, your browser must support up-to-date encryption protection, as found in the latest versions of most common browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
Cookies And Related Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are placed on users’ devices to monitor how users interact with websites and other online services. Pixel tags, also called web beacons or single-pixel gifs, tag a graphic on a web page or in an email message that tracks pages viewed or email messages opened. Logs are continuous digital records of events and interactions that occur on a website. Cookies, pixel tags, and/or logs can be used to identify your IP address, browser type, domain name, and specific web pages through which you click and/or email messages you open.
- are essential for us to provide our Site or Platform to you;
- help us optimize, personalize and/or otherwise improve your experience and/or the performance of the Site and our service and marketing-related communications with you; and
- enable advertising delivered to you to be more relevant.
Most web browsers allow you to erase cookies on your computer, block cookies from your computer, or notify you when a cookie is stored on your computer. If you choose to disable or otherwise block certain cookies, you may be unable to use, or experience decreased functionality with, parts of the Site. Your browser may also support functions to block or restrict pixel tags.
If you apply for a job at oolo, we collect and use your personal data for legitimate human resources and business management reasons including:
- identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available;
- recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring;
- ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including diversity and inclusion requirements and practices;
- conducting criminal history checks as permitted by applicable law;
- protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law; or
- emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered.
Your personal data may be accessed by recruiters and interviewers working in the country where the position for which you are applying is based, as well as by recruiters and interviewers working in different countries.
We use third party service providers to provide a recruiting software system. We also share your personal data with other third party service providers that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
Changes to this Policy